Just returned from Dharamsala, India, today on 21st March, after an audience with the Dalai Lama yesterday morning.
Quite frail with knee problems, he is still sharp at 87 years of age.
His speech emphasised:
1. Need for compassion and warm heartedness.
2. We are all beings of a planet call Earth. A lot of divisions created by race, religion and status.
3. He was always close to Muslims. As a boy, had many Muslim friends in his village in north east Tibet..
4. Wants to continue supporting efforts towards world peace and harmony.
5. Answering the ACCIN CEO as head of delegation’s question and suggestion that the Tibetans and Uyghurs coordinate their peace efforts with Beijing, HHDL agreed to work with the Uyghurs.
Suggested for ACCIN and Vajyarana Buddhist Council to arrange for a meeting in either New Delhi or Dharamsala. (HH cannot travel too far nowadays).
Interestingly, is willing to be a go between with Beijing for the XUAR stalemate – indirectly indicating a solution for the Tibet problem may be in the horizon.
ACCIN CEO Hj Jamaludin Shamsudin
Leave a Reply